Take the 40 Reasons “Why Do You Write?” Challenge
2. Because I have a willingness to look stupid.
3. It’s a means of expression for me.
4. I want to educate.
5. I love being creative.
6. I read books and think I would have done that differently.
7. It’s easier to say what’s on my mind via the written word than verbally.
8. I can reach a wider audience by putting my words out there.
9. Entertainment purposes for myself.
10. Entertainment purposes for my readers.
11. To make a little extra money sometimes.
12. I write to express my feelings about things.
13. Putting words on paper is a good way to get it out of your head.
14. I write because things aren’t just in black and white.
15. I write to dig deeper into a subject.
16. I write to elevate my mood.
17. I write to get things off my chest.
18. I write to release stress.
19. I write to chew someone out without them ever knowing.
20. I write to tell those who have wronged me just what I think about that.
21. I write as a buffer.
22. I write because it’s better to allow myself to be angry.
23. I write because I want to.
24. I write because the joy of seeing something come together is awesome.
25. I write so that I can lie with purpose.
26. I write so I can weave words into magic.
27. If people read my words, maybe they’ll understand my motives better.
28. I write so I can do something productive while wasting my Sunday.
29. I write to inspire others.
30. I write so I can get my brain to shut up.
31. I write because I have a vivid imagination.
32. I write because no one can tell me not to.
33. I write to better myself.
34. I write to make people aware.
35. I write so I can alleviate boredom.
36. I write because there are so many stories out there to tell.
37. I write because the world needs more writers.
38. I write because it’s free.
39. I write more because it helps my writing improve.
40. I write because I want people to read my words.